Monday, January 9, 2023

She Who Eludes Death

She Who Eludes Death 

FORBIDDEN STORY

by Onyxe Blade



On a serene Tuesday evening at the Elysium Diner located in Magius, one of the seventy-five states of Mayland, a woman with apricot colored skin, caramel colored eyes, and luxurious long brown hair past her shoulders wore a red sweater dress with black boots. She enjoyed her meal consisting of a mango burger, french fries with blueberry sauce, and seltzer water. She checked the various notifications on her cellphone. Sadly, none of them were of any interest; mostly gossip ranging from celebrities around the world, the top five sages of Mayland of the month, and, of course, the usual anti-demon propaganda. The woman thought that with the country's current ruler being half-demon, and a competent one at that, such egregious stories shouldn’t be much of a thing. But, she was well aware that despite the progress made over the many centuries, long before her time, there would be mortals and other entities that would always dislike demons and wish for the end of their existence. Placing her phone back inside her purse, the woman continued enjoying her meal. Having finished her burger and most of her water, the woman attempted to finish off the few remaining fries on her plate. The sound of her phone ringing inside her purse ceased the attention to her food as she reached into her purse. Quickly attaching her earphones, the woman answered. Her good friend, Edu Omen, was on the line.

Woman: Hey, Edu, it's good to hear from you, bud. How are the wife and kids doing?

Edu: All is well with us, Sara. and I'll tell Beth that you said hello as always. Anyway, that's not the reason I called you, amiga. Earlier, I picked up a sinister aura in New Mexico while doing some construction work. If I had to take a guess, it seems to be somewhere near the Pecos River. Of course, maybe my Natural magical ability to sense certain impending dangers could be off. I honestly don't know why I even told you this now that I think about it. Maybe I was better off keeping this to myself.

Sara: Why would you say that, Edu? I trust your powers, even if you may be wrong this time. Considering all the shit that happens in our country, I don’t doubt that something sinister could be brewing around the Pecos River. I'm going to investigate. At worst, if you're wrong, next time I go out to eat, I demand that you send me money on the Ty Ty app to pay for my food.

Edu: Agreed. But, you gotta promise me one thing, amiga. If I'm right and some kind of danger is brewing over there, get the fuck out of there asap! Don't fight an unnecessary battle, especially if you're alone. I know you're a very skilled sage, Sara, but I love you dearly, friend, and don't want to lose you like I’ve lost so many others.

Sara: I can't make such a promise, Edu, but I will do my damnedest to survive. After all, it's what I do best. Anyway, let me pay for my bill and tip the waiter before heading to New Mexico, Talk to you later tonight.

Edu: I fully expect to hear from you, my friend.

The phone call ended as Sara grabbed two more fries dipped in blueberry sauce before picking up napkins to clean her hands. Sara alerted her waiter before getting up from the table. She then exited the diner and prepared for her trip to New Mexico. Sara is not a teleporter nor did she have Princess Lea Stallard on speed dial. Thankfully, Mayland has a nice selection of teleporters and portal openers, one of them being her associate named Tearle Stevens. After rushing home and changing into her black bodysuit that had a gelatin-like look with yellow orb accessories on various parts of her outfit and yellow boots, Sara placed her hair in a ponytail before contacting Tearle to teleport her to New Mexico. Otherwise, she would have needed to spend a little over four hours to have a Rider take her from Magius to New Mexico, or use a ton of modern transportation. Neither was ideal since Sara felt certain that Edu was correct about something sinister going to happen. Sara met up with Tearle who was getting ready to go out with friends for some adult rated fun. Tearle told Sara his price and she paid before he created a magical portal that would place her within a reasonable part of New Mexico. 

Stepping out of the portal, she was in the state of New Mexico and now she needed to hurry over to the Pecos River. Less than a half-hour later, Sara encountered a demon boat rider who took her over to the Humidler Island, a unique place located fifty meters from the Pecos River. Upon arriving on the island, Sara thanked the man for his services before he left the woman to handle whatever business she had on the seemingly deserted island. Sara spotted the N'up Cave on the island. She didn’t sense anything sinister from where she stood. The Sage was no fool and suspected that whatever evil Edu felt would surely be discovered within the cave. Sara took a moment to gather herself before venturing towards the cave. 

Once inside the cave, Sara spotted the usual creatures that one expects in such a place. None of them frightened her since she could easily blast them from existence with her shockwave magic. Exploring deeper inside the cave, Sara saw a gigantic blue-ish green egg surrounded in a sinister aura, but not one of demonic nature. Realizing the Edu was indeed correct as the egg in front of her started cracking open, she was forced to stand her ground as she watched a white and blue stuffed-like rabbit hatch before her. The creature had a twisted smile with various parts of its body having what appeared to be stuffing oozing out from it. In reality, it was white colored acid. Sara recognized the creature as being a Hazard Doll, creatures created by the God Akodomal during the horrific event known as the Five Year War. The creature before her was one that Akodomal couldn't hatch in time before his demise at the hands of heroes of the Mortal Realm. Nonetheless, it was only a matter of time before such a monstrosity would hatch on its own. Regardless of its creator no longer being alive, the monster before her was intended to serve its creator's will and that was the destruction of life on the Mortal Realm. 

Sara readied herself for battle as the Hazard Doll roared viciously, ready to strike. Sara unleashed a shockwave from her hands that knocked the beast several inches away from where it originally stood, but she was unable to knock it off of its feet. She quickly unleashed another shockwave. The creature sidestepped the attack and prepared one of its own. Swinging its arms violently, white acid flew throughout the cave as Sara hastily dodged the acidic attack. Despite Sara's best efforts, some acid managed to strike her in the back. Her suit diluted the effectiveness of the acid, but it damaged her skin nonetheless. Sara attempted to continue her battle against the monster, ignoring her pain, but a painful memory hit her. She remembered years ago when she was just a young woman in the army that it took her and fifty other sages to take down one of Akodomal's Hazard Dolls. Now she was forced to fight one of these monstrosities on her own. She realized that she bit off more than she could chew. At the same time, she didn't regret confirming her friend's concerns about the evil in New Mexico. Rising to her feet, she prepared for what would possibly be her last stand against an extremely powerful adversary. Suddenly a strong gust of wind passed by Sara and headed towards the Hazard Doll, moving faster than the human eye could see. 

A voice screamed out "FIVE SEASONS SLASH!" In an instant, a mysterious figure performed five fatal slashes against the monster. Appearing before Sara was a fair-skinned woman with obviously dyed sky blue hair, brown eyes, and wearing a revealing kimono that had two swords and a beautiful umbrella with unmistakable Japanese influence. The woman flipped her hair in a sassy manner as she watched the Hazard Doll rip apart before her eyes. Sara was stunned by how the person before her had arrived in time to save her life. There was no mistaking that this one was one of King Onyx's Seven Royal Guards, Odessa Crestfallen. The Hazard Doll was defeated and dead and Sara was thankful she survived yet another near-death encounter in her life. Odessa made her way over to the injured woman and helped her get off the ground. Before Sara could even begin to utter one word, Odessa spoke and answered whatever questions the woman may have for her.

Odessa: First and foremost, you should thank your sweet ass that I happened to make Humidler Island my training ground for tonight. Otherwise, you would 100% be in the dead category. Don't you know it's beyond stupid to take on those monsters by yourself? Anyway, you should know who I am given that my boss currently rules over this country. Mind telling me your name, and why you felt the need to go to such an extreme method to commit suicide?

Sara: The name's Sara Libel and very funny, Crestfallen, but I didn't come here to get myself killed. My friend, Edu, sensed something evil within New Mexico, so I decided to investigate it to confirm his suspicions. While I'm very thankful for the rescue, don’t make me out to be off my fucking rocker. So, you weren't sent here to Humidler Island on Onyx's orders?

Odessa: Nope! Onyx had no clue about anything going down here. Otherwise, he would’ve sent Hellin and her team to handle the situation. So you got really fucking lucky I decided to make this place my hangout for the night.

Sara: I am lucky indeed, but how did you even get here? I know for a fact teleportation is not one of your powers.

Odessa: It sure ain't. Thankfully, my ex-boyfriend is good at creating portals to places he's been. It's a good thing we fucked here a few years ago. Anyway, I know you aren't a teleporter or you would’ve had some sense and got yourself the hell out of here when you first encountered that monster.

Sara: My friend, Tearle, can also create portals. And no I didn't fuck him cause he's gay. Speaking of which, I need to contact him and see if he's able to open a portal to get me, well us, back to Magius. I pray he's done having his "fun" and is able to respond to my text message... shit, my back stings.

Odessa: Why don't you hold off on contacting your friend at the moment. I got some medicine on me that's great for healing burns. It also allows me time to flap my gums about some of my recent adventures before you grow tired of me.

Sara: Lordy... I would appreciate some medicine right now. First, let me text my friend, Edu, to let him know that I'm safe and that he doesn't have to pay for my next meal at the diner.

Odessa: Girl, are you stupid? Didn't you risk your life in order to prove his suspicion? You better get a free meal out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[UNCUT] My Marvellous Dream is You | EP.1 (1/4)

Premieres 05/08/2024 Girl Love series