Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Father

 Forbidden - The Father


by Onyxe Blade



On a quiet Monday afternoon in his pink decorated room, King Onyx Carnival lay in his bed wearing a long pale pink shirt, covering his otherwise naked body. Because of the lightweight fabric of the shirt, Onyx's body remained visible, living up to his alias, The Naked King. Listening to one of his favorite podcasts while scrolling through Sung Jin's Pictagram account, the King of Mayland and the idol were still dating in secrecy. Because Sung Jin was currently on tour, the two hardly spoke to each other as of late. While that has quietly kept Onyx in low spirits, the King remained focused on his sense of duty to his subordinates and citizens and continued serving his people... and enjoying whatever downtime he had before an inevitable task found its way to him. The door to his bedroom suddenly opened and standing outside of it was Red Thompson, one of the King's seven royal guards along with his magical puppet, Mistress Rouge. Onyx was both delighted and annoyed seeing his husky red-headed Australian native subordinate dressed in his usual plaid shirt with blue jeans and brown boots. Wearing his high-tech shades and holding his scantily clad puppet in his right arm, Red stood at the door and awaited a response from his majesty.

Onyx: Greetings Red and Rouge. Haven't I told you a gazillion times to knock first before entering my room? I swear it's only James, Herrera, and you who seem to constantly forget such a simple rule. Anyways, how was the investigation in Solius?

Red: Hotter than a bitch, but as good as can be expected, and my bad for barging into your room... again. It's not like I haven't seen you naked a gazillion times... moreso than any hot lady besides Mistress Rouge... my dating life is beyond sad.

Onyx: Not the fucking point, but glad everything is good in Solius. So, what brings you to my room?

Red: Oh, you didn't read my mind? I forgot you aren't like some telepaths who read people's thoughts without their consent. Anywho, there's a pregnant chick downstairs who wishes to speak with you.

Onyx: Didn't I tell you all that I'm not taking any personal requests this month of May? Unless it's a matter that affects Mayland as a whole then I'd rather not be bothered with it. Tell her to go to the Hero Syndicate and find a sage or four available and get help from them. I'm a King, after all, not some regular sage who can just hop off all willy nilly and help anyone in distress.

Red: Sounds like someone recently got scolded by Yura for being too heroic yet again. I swear if I didn't know better, I would think Yura is the current ruler of Mayland and not you. You're the boss and you should do what you feel is best. Besides, Yura is still away with James, Meghan, and Anna on their assignment. Odessa is wherever the fuck she's at, therefore the only Royal Guards here with you are Herrera and myself and he's sleeping off his marijuana high. Therefore, it's really just me at the moment and, of course, your ten regular guards on duty. So, why don't you change to something slightly more appropriate and come downstairs to talk to the pregnant lady?

Onyx: Fine! I'll go and talk to her, but let her know that I make no promises of actually helping her. Now please leave my room so I may get dressed… unless you need to witness that as well.

Red: Sheesh! Someone's in a foul mood today. Okay, let me go tell Miss Preggy that you're willing to talk to her, but that the chances of rejection are high.

Red closed the door to Onyx's room and went downstairs to deliver his King's message to the woman as Onyx got himself ready. A portal opened downstairs minutes later. A begrudging Onyx stepped out dressed in his usual pink wear. He saw Red sitting across from a pregnant tan-skinned woman wearing a blue dress with short, curly auburn hair. The woman turned her attention to Onyx and bowed as a show of respect.

Onyx: Hello, Madam, please quickly tell me why you requested an audience with me.

Claudia: My name is Claudia Ina and I come to you with an urgent request. I recently found out that my lover, Tarnevous, is a special type of demon known as a Grim Reaper. A few months back I was caught up in a brawl among a group of sages and I was severely injured. Tarnevous met me while I was in the hospital and instead of claiming my life, as he was ordered to do by his superior, Tarnevous ensured that I received proper medical attention and regained my health. Afterwards, we began dating and fell madly in love.

Onyx: Okay, nice story, but what is it about this story that’s so important that I needed to hear it? This doesn't even sound like an important matter to be quite honest with you, Ma'am.

Claudia: Please allow me to finish my story, Your Majesty. A few days ago, I found a letter sent to my lover that his superior had learned about his deceit. Tarnevous was ordered to return to the Underworld within a week, otherwise his superior would come and kill me personally. I first thought my lover had abandoned me, which caused me grief, but now I know he only left me to protect me. Your Majesty, I beg you please can you go to the Underworld and search for my lover? I couldn't bear to live with the thought of him suffering because of me. I know this is not your responsibility, especially as the current ruler of this country; however, I don't know who else I can turn to for this type of situation.

Red: Maybe you want to hit up Hellin and see if she wants to take on this task.

Onyx: No, Hellin is busy doing something for her mother. Besides, I know enough about the Underworld, despite only going there a handful of times, to handle this search myself.

Claudia: So, you're going to accept my request?

Onyx: Why not? I have nothing else on my agenda at the moment. Besides, there's no guarantee your lover is still alive, but with my telepathic powers and fighting capabilities, I'll do my very best to uncover the truth of your lover's fate. If I'm not lucky enough to find him alive, hopefully I can at least bash his superior's skull in if nothing more comes from this trip to the Underworld.

Red: What about if Hellin decides to pop up and gets to raging if she doesn't see you here?

Onyx: I'm a grown ass man, Red. I don't need Hellin or Yura's permission to do something that I desire. I'm capable enough to protect myself. I wouldn't be King if that wasn't the case. If she comes looking for me while I'm away just tell her the truth and if she breaks anything in my castle, I'm going to tell Othello. Now, Claudia, please allow me to read your mind, so I can get a better understanding of your situation before heading to the Underworld.

Accepting the woman's request to search the whereabouts of her lover in the Underworld, Onyx soon discovered more about his past than he could have ever imagined. The notorious Grim Reaper, Maximillion Knox, resided in the eighth level of the Underworld. Standing outside his trailer in his human form, he appeared as a tall and muscular white male with gray hair wearing a wife beater, light blue jeans, and brown sneakers. His white chest hair and arm hair were on display as he awaited the arrival of a certain demon. A portal opened in front of him. A very dark-skinned, muscular male wearing a black jumpsuit with short silver hair stepped out of the portal. The two demons in their human form looked intently at each other with their red demonic eyes. The gray-haired man then spoke to his fellow demon.

Knox: I'll give you credit for not being both a traitor and a coward, Tarnevous!

Tarnevous: I know running from you is pointless, Lord Knox. I do not see a reason to explain myself since I know there's nothing that will spare me from your wrath. However, I will not apologize for protecting the woman that I love… even if it costs me my own existence!

Knox: I respect that you remained in the Underworld while I was handling other matters until I was ready to deal with you. I hope this Claudia woman was worth you going back on your duties as a Grim Reaper. Now transform into your true self, and may you die with some dignity!

Tarnevous transformed into a horrifying crimson skeleton-like creature with flesh around his various bones while wearing a black shroud. Knox did the same and transformed into an even bigger sickly gray colored skeleton-like being with eyes glowing in dark green flames, and wearing a black shroud as well. Tarnevous then went down on his knees as Knox began torturing the demon for his failure to reap the soul of Claudia. The torture continued as Tarnevous' life force slowly drained from his body. Grim Reapers are one of the most powerful types of demons within the Underworld and thus, extremely hard to kill. They usually require another Grim Reaper to eliminate them. Tarnevous continued to endure his torture by his superior until suddenly a stream of water rushed towards Knox. Surprised he didn't sense the attack sooner, just before the sharp stream of water contacted his body, Knox ceased his torture of Tarnevous as he dodged the attack. Turning towards the direction of the attack, the Grim Reaper spotted a young Cambion lad in pink staring back at him with rage in his eyes. Knox was utterly shocked by the individual standing across from him. While their face-to-face was long overdue, considering he abandoned him over 276 years ago, the Grim Reaper never imagined that this would be their first true meeting. There was no mistake that his opponent was his own son, Onyx, the current ruler of Mayland.

Onyx: Back the fuck away from the demon... NOW! Otherwise, I'm going to end your fucking existence right here and now!

Tarnevous: King Onyx? How-- CLAUDIA, NO!

Onyx: So you’re Claudia's lover. It's a good thing I found you alive. How could you just abandon your wife while she’s pregnant with your child? If anything, you two should have both come to me with this problem instead of you attempting to sacrifice yourself! Anyways, let me not waste anymore time here. I managed to find you alive and I will make damn sure to bring you back to your family. And as for YOU, SKELETON SHITHEAD, I had another name in mind for you, but I'm absolutely terrified of copyright infringement. Therefore, SKELETON SHITHEAD will have to do. We can do this the easy way or the hard way! Make your choice and choose very carefully!

Knox: I do not know how you managed to find me, but this does not concern you! Return to your castle at once, ruler of Mayland, or suffer the consequences!

Onyx: The hard way it is then, Skeleton Shithead!

In an instant, Onyx charged Knox at superhuman speed before leaping into the air, preparing to deliver a drop kick. Knox quickly summoned his scythe and used his weapon to defend against Onyx's incoming attack. Onyx struck the blade of the scythe, causing Knox to be pushed back yet remaining firmly on his feet. Onyx bounced off the blade and landed on the ground, quickly preparing another attack.

Onyx: AQUA GRENADES!

Onyx unleashed a multitude of watery grenades towards Knox. The grenades surrounded their target and exploded around him instantaneously. The King watched with glee as the watery explosion took place. Unfortunately, the Grim Reaper created a shield from his demonic aura, protecting him from the deadly watery explosions. Annoyed but still confident, the King muttered to himself, "Nothing I can't handle" before charging towards Knox as he covered both of his hands in psychic pink colored energy. Knox readied himself as Onyx closed in on him and unleashed a flurry of deadly strikes. The Grim Reaper used his scythe to defend against Onyx's attack, which proved to be more difficult than expected. Knox thought to himself, "Had he been anyone else, I wouldn't hesitate to smite him from existence! However... this is my son... the same son I abandoned almost three centuries ago. The very child I conceived with my love, Rosemary. I cannot allow this battle to continue. Even if the consequences prove fatal.” 

Onyx continued attempting to land a bone-crushing strike against the reaper, but suddenly got a whiff of the opposing demon's scent. A scent that was reminiscent of kin, but how could this be? Onyx never met this individual until today, yet somehow this demon was related to him. Demons, regardless if they’re full-blooded or half-demon, are able to smell and can determine blood relations from scent alone. Feeling both angry and nervous, Onyx decided to cease fighting. The Grim Reaper did the same.

Onyx: Who are you? Why do you smell like that?

Knox's trick worked. He intentionally hid his scent from Onyx until now. He realized that upon catching his scent, Onyx would immediately discover his true nature. Transforming back into his human form, Knox slowly walked towards Onyx who stared at him cautiously, anticipating a surprise attack.

Knox: There's no need for you to worry, Onyx. I have no intention of harming you. Instead, I want to allow you to see the truth. Please just take a few minutes and trust me. I promise you will understand everything if you give me that chance.

Onyx still stared back, unsure of trusting someone who was just fighting him a few moments ago. Yet, he couldn’t sense any hostility coming from the demon, neither physical nor mental. Knox managed to reach Onyx and grabbed a hold of his hands with his. Knox then bent his upper body towards Onyx in order to place his forehead onto Onyx's. Knox went against his better judgement and signaled for Onyx to read his mind. Onyx read the demon's mind and discovered the shocking truth. Reading Knox's mind, Onyx saw a memory that was nearly three centuries old. Onyx saw Knox dropping off an infant on the doorsteps of a man. That very doorstep was of his deceased adoptive father, Tobirama Senju. Thus, the child in the memory was none other than himself. Shocked by the revelation, Onyx ceased reading Knox's mind and pushed the man away from him. Onyx's face then turned from normal to demonic as he angrily said to Knox, "This is impossible!"

Knox: I never meant for you to find out this way, but I couldn't allow myself to continue fighting with my son.

Onyx: I AM NOT YOUR SON! My father is dead and he was a good man! I don't know who you are, pretender! Whatever mental trick you attempted on me won't work!

Knox: You have every right to be angry at me. I never wanted us to meet under these circumstances. I always hoped when I was finally ready to face you that it would be a better situation. Sadly, the wheels of fate weren't as kind as to grant us such a meeting.

Onyx: FUCK YOU! I don't care about your scent or those memories of yours! I know who my father is and not you or anyone else can take that away from me!

Knox: Tobirama was a good man, despite his past, and I'm forever thankful to him for raising you when I couldn't because of my own anger in losing your mother. I know right now isn't the best time, but please don't deny the truth you have learned here today. So many regrets I have for not being man enough to raise you myself, but I'm so proud of--

Onyx: I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP! I don't care about your damn reasons, I just want you to be quiet! I will be going to Othello about this once I get Tarnevous back to his family!

Knox: Speaking of that woman! You need to be very careful when dealing with her.

Onyx: SILENCE YOUR TONGUE! I will not stand here and allow you to disrespect Queen Othello!

Knox again thought to himself, "That fucking snake has also poisoned my son's mind with her deception! Something I'll have to rectify in the very near future."

Suddenly a portal opened and three women stepped out. The first was a blonde woman with medium brown skin, like Onyx, dressed in a red catsuit with the zipper opened a few inches below her breast. She also wore a navy blue tie, gloves, sash, and boots. The second was a fair-skinned woman with green hair, wearing a black shirt resembling a strait jacket with turquoise colored straps and white boots. The third was a blonde haired white woman wearing a see-through white dress with an exotic necklace and bracelets on her wrist. The three women were none other than Hellin Strongs, Orsela Geno, and Scylla Baros. An angry Hellin surveyed her surroundings as she spotted Onyx along with two unknown demons. While grateful to have found Onyx unharmed, the Princess of Babylon was pissed that Onyx had gone off to do his own thing without even bothering to text her. She had to learn from Red that Onyx was in the Underworld. Hellin made sure to bring along her sister, Orsela, and ally, Scylla, in case Onyx was once again in danger.

Hellin: Onyx... are you suffering from fucking amnesia or just straight up retarded! Didn't I tell you to--

Onyx: SHUT UP, HELLIN! I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO BE LECTURED RIGHT NOW!

Normally being yelled at by anyone besides her mother would put Hellin in a fighting mood, but she instantly sensed that something must be really bothering Onyx for him to lash out at her the way he did. Even Orsela and Scylla were shocked by Onyx's nasty demeanor. Hellin then focused her attention on the gray haired man standing across from Onyx, realizing that he was the source of Onyx's anger. Onyx struggled to keep his emotions in check as he requested Orsela and Scylla to run over and grab Tarnevous from off the ground. The girls retrieved Tarnevous and brought the demon over to where Onyx stood. Hellin then positioned herself next to Onyx and the others and opened a portal from behind them. 

Knox looked at his son while trying to hide the disappointment on his face. Onyx callously looked back at him before pointing at him and saying, "We may be blood, but you will NEVER be my father!" Onyx's face changed from demonic to his normal face as the heroes, along with Tarnevous, entered the portal. Knox stood alone outside his trailer filled with anger and regret. 

That very evening after happily reuniting Tarnevous with his lover, Claudia, Hellin brought Scylla back to her home in Greece before she and Orsela volunteered to stay the night at Onyx's castle. Yura, along with the others, returned from their assignment. They were not happy that Onyx had ventured out on his own once again. The woman also knew not to lecture her King when he's in a foul mood. James learned from Hellin about Onyx's encounter in the Underworld. He was really concerned about Onyx's well-being. Meanwhile, Onyx spent the rest of the evening in his room alone. He processed his experience in the Underworld earlier that today regarding meeting his biological father. The King knew he was adopted, but always believed, until now, that both his biological parents were dead. He even wondered to himself why Othello hadn’t told him anything about his biological father. Then again, he never exactly asked her about him. Onyx was happy being Tobirama's son, even if he was not his actual father. Sitting in his room with his television as nothing more than background noise, Onyx heard a knock at the door. Knowing who it was just by smell alone, Onyx reluctantly yelled out, "Open."

Hellin: Hey Onyx, just wanted to check in on you. I know James checked on you an hour ago, but I just wanted to see how you’re feeling.

Onyx: I hate feelings! No... I'm just really angry right now and think it's best if I'm just left alone for awhile. I don't want to end up taking my anger out on people I love. I'm also sorry for yelling at you earlier, Hellin. I know you were just worried, but I was so angry.

Hellin: Normally, I would have to be restrained from attempting to rip your head off. However, under those circumstances along with the fact you're not some fucking damsel in distress, I was out of line for behaving in a condescending manner towards you. I know better than anyone that you're more than capable of handling yourself. You are one of Mayland's longest rulers, after all, and I know for a fucking fact you're no pushover. We just know you have a good heart and sometimes that heroic nature of yours puts you in predicaments.

Onyx: I know you all mean well, but I also want y'all to remember that I'm King for a reason. Anyways, Hellin, thank you for checking up on me, but I prefer to be alone, if you don't mind.

Hellin: Your castle, your rules. Just know if you need someone to talk to that I'm here. By the way, whoever that man was in the Underworld earlier, he definitely has the same scent as you. It's not my place to tell you how to feel, but he is, in fact, your biological father. Anyway, talk to you later, Onyx, and feel better.

Hellin exited Onyx's room, leaving him alone again with his thoughts. Doing his best to process today's events as tears rolled down his eyes, Onyx decided to hide underneath his quilts. He closed his eyes, hoping for a kinder tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[UNCUT] My Marvellous Dream is You | EP.1 (1/4)

Premieres 05/08/2024 Girl Love series