Tuesday, January 23, 2024

FORBIDDEN - Coming To An Understanding

 FORBIDDEN - Coming To An Understanding


Story by Onyxe Blade



One day ago, King Onyx stopped by the Harmony Church located in Arundel; a famous church that's been around for over thousands of years. It served as the home for some of the most powerful priests and nuns of Mayland. He paid a visit to Mother Charisse, as he did from time to time, ever since learning about his biological birth mother, Rosemary Evermore. She was a human woman who wielded immense divine power, blessed by the Heavenly King himself. Rosemary ended up falling in love with a Grim Reaper named Maximillion Knox, and the two conceived Onyx. However, because of the unholy union between a nun and a grim reaper, the birth of Onyx proved to be anything but a happy moment. Instead, the child possessed powers so great that it was physically killing Rosemary to give birth to him; even after Knox ripped away a portion of Onyx's powers and placed it inside Othello's womb, his former lover who had betrayed him and had married King Diablo of Babylon, it still wasn't enough to save Rosemary's life and she died in the process of giving birth to Onyx. Even moments before her death, Rosemary never once regretted giving birth to her son and she wouldn't change a thing if she could do it all over again. Sadly upon the death of his wife, Knox abandoned Onyx, leaving the child to be raised by another. It was only after Onyx ruled as Mayland's King for over a century, did he learn the truth of his birth mother.

Ever since then, Onyx visited the Harmony Church whenever his busy schedule allowed in order to pay his respects and to get a sense of the life his mother lived before she met his father. While Onyx has learned to overcome many obstacles and hardships because of his status as King, the one thing that always ate away at him, besides his adoptive father's death, was knowing that he was the cause of his mother's death. No matter how much time passed, he lived with that guilt. That’s the reason he hadn't been able to bring himself to visit his mother's grave located in the Eden Forest, which was only two miles from the church. Having been to nearly every place within his world and visiting all seventy-five states of Mayland, Onyx avoided the Eden Forest for over a century, but that was about to change.

PRESENT TIME BABYLON

King Onyx, while still wearing pink, wasn’t dressed in his usual flamboyant attire. Instead, he wore a proper pink colored tailor-made suit as Othello, who wore a see-through purple night gown, put a tie around the collar of Onyx’s shirt.

Othello: All this time, Onyx, and you still don't know how to put on a tie yourself. I mean, for goodness sake, you're a telepath. Literally just download someone's memory of properly putting on a tie.

Onyx: I mean, I could do that, but it's more fun to have you do it for me.

Othello: I swear, if I didn't view you as a son, I would have told you to fuck off already. Anyway, are you sure you're finally ready to visit your mother's grave?

Onyx lowered his head, knowing that he wasn’t fully ready to face his mother, even with her already being long dead. However, after yesterday's conversation with Mother Charrise, Onyx promised that he'd finally go to her gravesite in the Eden Garden. Othello knew Onyx wasn't ready, no telepathy required, but understood the young man's conviction to see it through despite the heartbreak it would inevitably cause him. A portal opened within Othello's throne room. It was none other than Hellin and Orsela who just returned from a mission in the Mortal Realm. While both women knew that Onyx was going to visit Babylon today, they were both surprised to see Onyx... well, dressed up.

Hellin: Hey Onyx, we just finished assisting Xavian and Chia-Hao with a situation in Taiwan. What's the occassion?

Orsela: Yeah, as long as we have known you, never once have we seen you dressed, well, so proper and masculine.

Onyx: Well girls, I'm going to a gravesite today. Did y'all really expect me to wear see-through shorts that expose my jockstrap and a shirt? 

Hellin: A gravesite? You haven't reported any casualties as of late. Who are you going to visit?

Othello: You ask too many questions, daughter, but it's not someone either of you know who Onyx is going to visit, but you have definitely heard the name quite a few times.

Without any additional hints from Othello, Orsela immediately knew who her mother was referring to.

Orsela: ROSEMARY!

Hellin: ONYX'S MOTHER?! You are going to go visit your mother's grave located at the Eden Garden?

Onyx: Yes girls, that's why I wasn't in my castle earlier today, which is why Yura gave you two the mission briefing in my place. I needed to go for a walk to get myself together before coming here to Babylon to get myself ready. Now, if you two don't mind, please save the questions for later this evening when you both come by for dinner. In the meantime, I wish to enjoy these few moments before finally going to visit my mother.

Hellin: Understood... but you know that we're here for you.

Onyx: I know, Hellin and Orsela. I appreciate you both more than words can describe.

Othello: Okay, Onyx, you're all set and looking devilishly handsome in that custom-made pink suit I had made for you. Anyway, Onyx, I hope you get the most out of your visit and please be safe. I still think you should have James accompany you, knowing that you got folks out there who want you dead simply for being a half-demon running a world mostly full of mortals.

Onyx: I'm one of Mayland's longest reigning rulers for a reason. I can take care of myself. Once I finish visiting my mother, I'm going back to my castle immediately, so there's no need to worry.

Onyx hugged and placed a kiss on Othello's cheek before bidding the girls farewell. He opened a portal, leaving the Underworld and going back to the Mortal Realm. Appearing in front of the entrance of the Eden Garden, Onyx held the flowers he purchased earlier and walked confidently into the forest, ignoring the inner pain to the best of his ability. Minutes later, he arrived in front of his mother's beautiful copper colored headstone surrounded by angelic decorations. Despite it being a grave stone, it was the most beautiful thing Onyx had ever laid his eyes upon. Bending down to place the flowers in front of his mother's headstone, Onyx did his best to fight away his tears, but the storm of emotions dwelling inside him emerged victorious and tears run down his face like waterfalls. "Oh mother, I'm so, so, so sorry that I killed you! If I know my existence would be the cause of your untimely demise, I would have wished myself to never have existed. I avoided you for so many years because I couldn't handle the guilt of the role I played in your death, Mother! I'm so sorry that I killed you. I wish I could go back in time and save you from ever having me... from ever meeting Knox! If only you never fell in love with a demon, you would still be alive today... I know it!"

Tears continued rolling down his face, but quickly ceased upon sensing the presence of another entering the garden. Normally, this would cause Onyx to be on high alert since it was probably an assassin attempting to claim his life, thus ending his reign as King. Unfortunately, Onyx would have preferred it was an assassin instead of the individual he knew was present along with him in the forest. 

A tall and muscular man with short white hair dressed in a black suit appeared in front of Onyx, who was still kneeling in front of his mother's headstone. The individual was none other than Maximillion Knox... his father. Onyx had met Knox a few months prior when he went to the Underworld to rescue a demon that Knox had planned to execute. It was then that Onyx finally met his biological father. However, unlike Rosemary, who made Onyx's heart swell with guilt, Knox caused Onyx to feel anger and resentment. He knew that Knox abandoned him because his mother died in childbirth. While Onyx would have loved to respond by attacking his father for having the gall to show his face once again, he wouldn't dare needlessly cause havoc at his mother's gravesite. Raising himself off of the ground, Onyx stared coldly at his father as he awaited an answer.

Knox: Hello, son, it's good to see you again.

Onyx: Why are you here?

Knox: I visit your Mother's gravesite every year on her birthday and sometimes just because I miss her, just like today. I didn't expect you to be here, but I'm guessing Charrise must’ve finally convinced you to see your mother.

Onyx: You know Mother Charisse?

Knox: Charisse was one of your mother's students and my personal favorite of the ones she taught.

Onyx: Well, I paid my respects to my mother and now I bid you both farewell.

Knox: Onyx! Onyx, please just give me a few minutes.

Knox reached out and grabbed Onyx by his arm. Resisting every urge to punch his father with all his might, Onyx took a moment to be rational and decided to simply pull his arm from his father's grasp.

Knox: I know you harbor a lot of resentment towards me and I would be a lying bastard if I said it wasn't warranted. However, I dearly wish to rectify the pain I’ve caused you for so many years.

Onyx: Pain? What pain? Thanks to you abandoning me, I was able to be raised by my father, Tobirama Senju. I had a great childhood without you and it’s thanks to Tobirama that I grew up to be the man that I am today. He and Othello are all the parents I ever needed. I don't want anything from you, but to leave me the fuck alone! The only parent I regret not knowing is the woman buried beneath this ground. You, on the other hand, can--

Before Onyx could finish his sentence, he sensed faint demonic auras, yet they were apparent enough for him to notice them within the forest. Knox also sensed it and immediately summoned his scythe before positioning himself next to Onyx.

Knox: COME ON OUT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! Did you lowly bastards really think you were going to sneak up on MY SON, especially with ME being here with him?

Four demons dressed in ninja-like attire appeared before Knox and Onyx. It didn't take a genius to figure out that the demons were sent to kill Onyx. Unfortunately for them, Onyx was not alone. The demons stared venomously at both men with killer intent.

Onyx: I can defend myself. If I were really in a crisis, my  mental connection with Hellin would immediately alert her and she'd rush to my side. Besides, whoever hired these fuckers to track me down in order to assassinate me just wasted their money.

Knox: ONYX! You are my son, whether you like it or not! I wasn't there for you when I should’ve been but, dammit, I'm here now! I'm going to be a father now, starting with protecting my baby boy. Save your energy, I’ll handle these bastards.

Knox firmly gripped his scythe as his eyes glowed red. Immediately, without warning, Knox moved at a speed faster than both sound and light. He slashed the demons down one by one, leaving them not a shred of a chance to defend themselves. Knox then performed a spell that ripped the hearts out of each demon before setting the hearts ablaze in neon green colored flames. Onyx, who used his telepathy to make sure no other beings were in the garden, was amazed by the high level of ability his father displayed in order to protect him. Now with the demons disposed of, Knox made his scythe vanish before walking back towards his son.

Onyx: Thank you... Dad. Things are still not good between us, but I have never been afraid to say "thanks" when it was deserved. I appreciate you protecting me simply because I'm your son.

Knox: The pleasure was all mine. I know you may not believe me right now, but I genuinely love you and I'm so proud to know my son is the first ruler of Mayland with demonic blood in his veins; along with your mother's holy blood inside you as well. I sincerely hope, within time, you will let me in and I can make up for lost time. Lastly, before I go, there is one thing I want to tell you and please make sure you listen carefully. I know how you feel about your mother's death, but I assure you it wasn't your fault. Even if you were able to go back in time, your mother would stop at nothing to make sure she had you and only you. Rosemary loved you the moment you were an embryo inside of her body. Please know that she would be hurt beyond belief to hear her only child regretted his existence and blamed himself for her death. Now and forever, you are your mother... and my favorite person. Please continue to live on and keep making us proud. I need to get back to the Underworld, I still have business to attend. However, I want you to go first, so I know you got back to your castle safe and sound.

Onyx: Okay I will, but first…

Onyx abruptly ran over to his father. To Knox's surprise, Onyx wrapped his arms around his dad's body and laid his head on his chest. "Knox--- I mean, Dad... it's going to take me some time to forgive you and let you in my life. However, I want you to know that I do love you very much and if you ever need me, please don't hesitate to seek me out."

Knox bent his head towards Onyx and planted a kiss on his head. Onyx then released his father from his grasp and opened a portal back to his castle.


THE END 

No comments:

Post a Comment

[UNCUT] My Marvellous Dream is You | EP.1 (1/4)

Premieres 05/08/2024 Girl Love series