Friday, July 25, 2014

Forbidden Chapter 5

FORBIDDEN CHAPTER FIVE - TRUST






Reaching Morse two and a half hours later after leaving Gamboge. Upon to their new destination. The group found a place to eat and a hotel to stay in..Upon waking up the next morning. Nearly naked in bed and half asleep. Xiaoyu is awaken by her friend's sweet, but loud voice. Xiaoyu wanted to go back to sleep, but once she spotted the alarm clock. The young detective immediately sprung out of bed


Appolyn: GOOD MORNING!

Xiaoyu: Apollyn! Why did you let me sleep so late?

Apollyn: Late? It's only 8:39. Apollyn usually sleeps to one o'clock. Now that's late ha ha

Xiaoyu: I can't be sleeping this late. I should had been up hours ago. We have a mission to accomplish.Where is Okubi and Eligos? 

Apollyn: Where are they again? Oh, Okubi and Eligos are outside by the fountains. They been down there for nearly four hours I think?

Xiaoyu: Did they get any sleep?

Apollyn: Okubi doesn't care for too much sleep. Just enough to be well rested. Eligos being a spirit doesn't require sleep.

Xiaoyu: Good. Well let me get myself cleaned up and dressed

Apollyn: Oh that reminds me. Are you going to take Okubi's advice and not wear the suit?

Xiaoyu: I hate to admit it, but he's right. That suit of mine makes me too obvious to the enemy. The outfit Okubi purchased for me will proved to be much better for our mission

Apollyn: I don't remember that being the reason. Okubi said it was tacky

Xiaoyu: Oh shut up. That's the reason am changing and I'm sticking to it. Now if you'll excuse me. I have to get myself cleaned up

Apollyn: Do you need help washing up? Apollyn will clean you up like Cerebie back at home

Xiaoyu: No... no that's quite alright

Apollyn: If you say so. Apollyn is going to get something to eat

Xiaoyu: You got and do that. I should be finish by then

Apollyn: Don't forget to dye your hair too

Xiaoyu: Thanks for the reminder

Apollyn exits the room as Xiaoyu gets ready to shower. After getting dress, Xiaoyu goes to find Apollyn at the hotel's cafeteria. After both women enjoy their breakfast. They go to find Okubi and Eligos. Upon reaching the hotel's back exit. Xiaoyu notices Okubi manipulating the water in the fountain with graceful movements of his hand


Xiaoyu: I guessing Okubi's magic allows him to manipulate water. From what I saw yesterday. I thought he only controlled fire and ice. Guess not

Apollyn: Oh you ain't seen nothing yet. Okubi not only has his natural demonic abilities like myself. Okubi's magic allows him to manipulate fire, water, ice, and darkness. Okubi is what they call a badass

Xiaoyu: He has quite the repertoire of abilities. I wonder what's the name of his magic?

Appolyn: Why don't you just ask him?

Xiaoyu: Okubi isn't exactly the talkative type. I believe he merely has Eligos around so it doesn't appear he's talking to himself. Still if I want to get to know him... to get to trust him. I have to first get to know him more. Not that he will make that easy

Apollyn: You can say that again. Okubi hasn't allowed anyone to get close to him. Considering what happened nearly three hundred years ago

Xiaoyu: Exactly what did happen?

Apollyn: Do you really want to know?

Xiaoyu: Of course

Apollyn: Well you ain't her it from Apollyn. My home, The Underworld has been filled with many stories sense it's existence. According a rumor I heard 66 years ago. Course this happened way before that. Anyways the rumor I heard sixty six years ago. That rumor I heard sixty six years ago....

Xiaoyu: Spill it already!

Apollyn: Okubi's mother, Ophelia. He killed her


Upon hearing Appolyn's statement. Xiaoyu felt a chill runs through her body. The negative thoughts about Okubi now seem reasonable. Xiaoyu felt mixed emotions. A part of her wanted to open the hotel back door. Unleashing a deadly blast of light onto Okubi. Another part of her wanted to grab Apollyn and run. Despite her current emotions. Xiaoyu tried to reason with herself. Telling herself that not even Okubi could be cruel enough to murder his own mother. There must be more to this story. Xiaoyu had every intention of finding out if Apollyn's story is true or not


Apollyn: Please don't tell him I said that

Xiaoyu: No need to be afraid of him Apollyn. If anything goes wrong, I will take the blame. I will see to it Okubi does nothing to you. However after hearing this. I cannot simply ignore such a tale. I have only know Okubi for a few days, but know very little about him. If I ever hope to gain some form of trust with him. I need to know if this very story is true. Did Okubi really murder his mother?. Now grab our bags and follow me out the door.

Apollyn: Apollyn won't get in trouble with Okubi?

Xiaoyu: I can't promise he won't scold you, but I will see to it no physical harm befalls you.


Apollyn does as Xiaoyu says and grab their luggage. The two women then exits out the hotel back exits. Immediately face with Okubi and Eligos


Eligos: Morning ladies

Apollyn: Good morning Eligos... good morning Okubi

Okubi: What's wrong with her?

Xiaoyu: Nothing really, nothing you should worry yourself with

Okubi: Me worried about her? Get serious. By the way thanks for ditching that gaudy jumpsuit of yours. That much orange is simply distasteful. Course I could had lived without that silly dye job of yours

Eligos: Silly? It looks very nice on you Ms. Xiaoyu

Xiaoyu: Thanks Eligos. I very much agree

Apollyn: So?

Xiaoyu: Yes. Okubi...


Xiaoyu takes a momentary pause before finishing her sentence


Xiaoyu: There is something I need to ask you

Okubi: About what exactly?


Okubi ceases his water play and stands up. Standing in front of the fountain. Okubi looks directly at both Xiaoyu and Apollyn. Eligos standing beside his master with a look of concern


Xiaoyu: First I want you to promise me you will not hurt Apollyn

Okubi: What? What did that imbecile do now?

Apollyn: Apollyn did nothing! Nothing I tell you


Apollyn immediately hides behind Xiaoyu. In hope that Xiaoyu will protect her from Okubi's fury


Xiaoyu: She's done nothing wrong. Unlike you

Okubi: What do you mean by that?

Xiaoyu: Before I go any further with you. I need to know this. Did you murder your mother?


Upon the completion of Xiaoyu's question. A long moment of silence takes place. A great rage begins to build up within Okubi. Blue, red, and black aura emits around the half demon's body. Along with his appearance becoming more demonic than human. Staring angrily at the women. Okubi does everything in his power not to unleash pure hell on either Xiaoyu or Apollyn. While Apollyn cowards in fear. Xiaoyu continues to stand her ground. Waiting for the menacing man before her to speak. However before Okubi could get a word out. The name angry Eligos goes off on Xiaoyu



Eligos: How dare you! How dare you girl talk to my master about such personal matters. Apollyn you bigmouth!


Xiaoyu somewhat taken aback by the harshness of Eligos's words. Despite the demonic spirits anger. Xiaoyu refuses to back down


Xiaoyu: Forgive my rudeness Eligos. I truly mean no harm. However I cannot keep my concerns hidden no longer. Despite your heroic deeds here and there. I cannot shake the feeling of this evil I feel from you

Eligos: Are you mental? All demons have a dark presence to them. That doesn't mean their necessary evil. Stupid girl... I ought to--

Before Eligos could finish his sentence. The demon spirit finds himself trapped between the hand of his master. Pulled before his master's evil face. Eligos begins to realize only how angry his master truly is


Eligos: Master I--

Okubi: What have I told you about speaking for me? Now get behind me and shut up!


Okubi then releases Eligos as the demon spirit does exactly what he was ordered. Okubi then turns his attention back to Xiaoyu and Apollyn. Staring at both women with malice in his eyes. Xiaoyu begins emitting light from her body. Preparing herself in case Okubi strikes at them


Okubi: Woman if I had intended to kill you, it would had happened already. Since you want to know if I killed my mother? To answer you question, yes I did!

Xiaoyu: Why? What would make you kill your own mother? Money, power, hate?

Okubi: None of the above. I loved my mother with all my heart. I loved both my parents with all my heart. Nothing in this world or any world means more to me than my mother.


As Okubi continued to talk, Xiaoyu noticed tears began running down his eyes. Until today, Xiaoyu never knew demons were capable of crying. Then Xiaoyu thought to herself that Okubi is a half demon. The other half like her is human. Perhaps demons rather they be half or full fledged are able to feel sadness. Xiaoyu believed because Okubi was both. He was able to feel sadness greater than most of his kind. She watched and listen as Okubi continued his sorrowful tale


Okubi:  My mother was my world. I loved the very dirt she walked on. The day I killed my mother was the day I wanted to stop living. After losing my father at a very young age. I wasn't even thirteen when my father died. My father along with his friends died battling the dragon Apocalypse. Defending Asira from the evil creatures destructive powers. After losing my father. All I had left was my mother as she had me. Together we decided to return to the Underworld. Spending the remainder of our lives together, I soon moved on from my father's death. While I was more than content living life with my mother. Unbeknownst to me, my mother was very depressed. The fool that I was back then. I never realized how unhappy my mother was. How much she had missed my father. My mother knew I couldn't bare to see her upset, so she pretended to be something she wasn't. As time went by even I notice something was wrong with my mother. Instead of trying to figure out the reason why. The selfish child that I was. I didn't care how she felt from the inside. As long as everything from the outside remained the same. As long as she was with me. I didn't care about anything else. I didn't care to realize how much she was hurting inside. The illusion of my happy life continued until one day. While returning from training with my former master. I came home to discovered my mother was messing. After searching all the known places in the Underworld. I decided to venture out to Asira. What I saw new nearly crushed. Upon arriving to Asira. Nothing but screams of terror and blood filled the air. Destruction everywhere I turned and countless bodies on the floor. I knew something was terribly wrong. No demon has caused such an act of evil since Mastema himself. I followed the path of destruction and when I found the cause of it. I wanted to die! The cause of the chaos that surrounded was no other than my beloved mother. Somehow, someway, my mother had gone insane. Destroying everything insight. Rather it be a nearby tree or a young child. I began calling out to her, begging her to cease her madness. My cries fell on death's ear. Not did my cries did not reach her. It was almost like I wasn't even there. My mother struck down everything in sight except for me. I never felt so helpless in my life as I did that very day. I watched as my mother continued to destroy everything around her. No matter how hard I tried or how hard I cried. My mother continued unleashing hell on Asira. It wasn't until I spotted a injured mother holding her baby girl. Trying to hide themselves within the chaos. Unfortunately my mother spotted them. It was that moment I had to choose to either let the mother and her daughter die. Or to do what I knew had to be done. I allowed the hate in my heart to take over. I was that very hate that gave me to strength to kill my mother. I unleashed a powerful blast of darkness that vaporize my mother upon contact. The chaos immediately cease, but I committed and unforgivable act. I murdered the only person I loved. The only person who ever loved me. Without the only person I ever truly cared no longer alive. Due to my actions. I decided I too did not deserve to live. I had intended to use that very same hatred to end my own life. It was then I was found by Eligos. Until this day, I don't know how he did it. If Eligos had not convince me otherwise... I wouldn't be here today. I told myself from that day forward. I would live for nobody but myself. I would love no one. So there you have it. It is the reason I am the way I am today. Are you satisfied now!


Hearing the whole story of Okubi's childhood. Xiaoyu felt both great regret and sorrow. Had she not question her trust of Okubi. All of this could had been avoided. Xiaoyu felt a great hurt as she forced Okubi to remember the worst day of his life. Not only was she responsible for the tears running die the half demon's eyes. Unbeknownst to Okubi. The very people he saved that day were her ancestors. The story passed down from her family was indeed true. The Sorrowful Child in those story was indeed Okubi. Without another word, Okubi began walking away. Realizing what she had done. Xiaoyu could not allow Okubi to simply walk away from her. Not without letting him know how she really felt about him. Without any sought of resistance. Xiaoyu ran after Okubi as fast as humanly possible. Before Okubi realized it, Xiaoyu stood in his way



Okubi: Out of my way! Out of my way now unless you wish to die

Xiaoyu: No please just wait.


Xiaoyu then extends her hands out and grabs Okubi's hands with hers. Like the half demon earlier. Tears now begin running down her face. Filled with guilt and fear. No longer the fear of Okubi, but the fear of losing him. Before Okubi could respond in any sought of way. Xiaoyu begins to speak


Xiaoyu: I'm so sorry. It was my fears and doubts that caused this. I should had just trusted you in the first place. It's just since my dear friend was killed by demons. I took that very frustration upon you. That was wrong of me. I understand that now. I let my personal feelings get in the way of things. I know now that was wrong and unprofessional of me. The fact of the matter is, I need you by my side. I can't do this without your help. I can't do this on my own. I'm not strong enough. Until you came along, I felt hopeless. I came to this strange land not because I cared about the dead sages. Like a pathetic human, I only came here to avenge my friends death. Upon meeting you. I actually started to believe I can actually be a hero. Not only avenge my friend, but to actually stop any more descendants from being killed.


No longer able to keep crying calmly. Xiaoyu's emotions take over as she falls into Okubi's chest. Crying harder than before. Xiaoyu yells out "Please don't leave me!" I can't do this without you". Apollyn still far away watches her friend begging Okubi to stay. Eligos does the same while keeping his silence. The next thing that happened took all by surprise. As long as Eligos knew Okubi. He expected Okubi to crush Xiaoyu's head between his palms. Instead, Okubi wraps his arms around her, holding her in comfort. Following the unexpected hug, Okubi begins to speak


Okubi: I forgive you. If it means that much to you. I'll stay besides you. I'll stay as long as you need me too. Now please stop crying. Enough tears have been shed for today. Especially so early in the day. To be honest... I really enjoy your company. Both Apollyn's and yours. I just tried so hard not to feel anything. Not to care. Caring about someone only hurts me in the end. Despite of that hurt. It hurts more not to allow anyone inside. I been holding this pain in so long. I allow it to consume me and control the way I lived. I cannot undo my past, but from this day forward. I promise to be a kinder more gentler person. Course not too gentle.

Xiaoyu: And I promise to trust you more.


Apollyn runs up to her friends. Relieved that everything worked out for the best.


Apollyn: I'm sorry too Okubi

Okubi: It's fine shortcake. However it is I who owes you an apology. Throughout our various encounters. I been nothing but as Eligos would say, a "dick" to you. Not realizing you were to only full fledged demon to ever show me kindness. I was too angry back then to appreciate it. Despite my mean ways. Thank you for your continuous kindness towards me Apollyn

Apollyn: No problem. I knew there was good in you somewhere. Course some strawberry cheesecake with a bowl of pistachio would be nice

Okubi: No problem. I'll buy you some on the way to the train. After all we still need to get to the Royal Lands before the Devilry Combat Qualifications begins.

Eligos: It is so good that we--


Before Eligos finishes his sentence. Okubi turns his head to his demonic spirit servant. Eligos silences in hopes of not angering his master. Okubi once again grabs Eligos in his hand. However instead of scolding him. Okubi kisses Eligos on his forehead


Okubi: As for you. Thank you for staying by my side for all these years. I treated you poorly and for that I'm sorry. From this day forward that all changes. For if you hadn't shown up that very moment. I would had been long dead. Thank you for saving me Eligos


Without saying a word, Eligos smiles as Okubi releases him


Xiaoyu: The Morse train station isn't too far from here.

Okubi: Indeed. That means we got some time to do some sight seeing. Who said heroes have to be all fighting and no pleasure? It's early and if we get to the Morse train station within two hours. We will still be making good timing towards our next destination. So how about it?

Apollyn: Apollyn is cool with that

Xiaoyu: A little bit of sight seeing, but instead of two hours. Let's just do one. As heroes. We have to put the need of the many before our own. There will be time for sight seeing later. First we must stop the Children Of Ruin gathering enough sacrifices in order to release Mastema

Okubi: Spoken like a true hero. An hour it is

Eligos: We're finally a real team. Nothing is going to stop us now

Xiaoyu: You're damn right about that. Now let's get moving



AN HOUR LATER


After doing a little bit of sight seeing. To the groups surprise, Okubi is the first to fall asleep on the train. While Okubi rests on the long ride to the next destination. Apollyn goes to find something sweet to eat. Xiaoyu starts reading the various reports given to her by Malcolm. Xiaoyu finds herself pleasantly interrupted by Eligos


Xiaoyu: Well hello Eligos. Something on your minds? I know Okub's asleep, but if it's important. You know you can tell me?

Eligos: Well who else can I tell? Certainly not Apollyn. Xiaoyu what my master told you was the very truth

Xiaoyu: I know. Ever word that came out of Okubi's mouth of the undisputed truth. I only wish he could had saved his mother. I couldn't help but feel Ophelia became posses by something. Something that drove her to such evil acts. Well I'll keep that to myself. I do not wish to further hurt Okubi

Eligos: About my master. Do you remember why he started his journey in the first place?

Xiaoyu: Of course. Okubi seeks the Unicorn Sword

Eligos: Do you know what he plans to do once he finds the sword?


Suddenly Xiaoyu begins to feel unpleasant feelings. Feelings of great concern for Okubi's well being


Xiaoyu: So exactly what does he plan to do with the sword?

Eligos: To finish what he started. To kill himself! Truth of the matter is, the master wishes very much to die. I only delayed the inevitable. Unless the master finds a reason to keep on living. Once he's done helping you. He intends to end his own life. I don't mean to burden you with this. However, I feel you're my only hope. Please help me save Okubi?


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Think It's Depression

 Just talking out loud but being alive most days feels like such a chore. Not saying I'm going to off myself but I feel like I'm jus...